:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():format(jpeg)/3-dead-apartment081926-181e8270464442018c4c92fb131867ac.jpg)
The suspect was arrested nearly three weeks after the three men were found dead inside a Los Angeles apartment
NEED TO KNOW
- Three men were found shot dead inside a Los Angeles apartment days after they were killed
- Patrick Kevin Spurlock, 57, was arrested in connection with the killings, according to the LAPD
- Spurlock previously served 17 years for a 2003 murder conviction in Washington state, according to the Los Angeles Times
A 57-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the killings of three Los Angeles residents whose bodies were discovered inside a Hollywood apartment days after they were allegedly shot, police said.
The Los Angeles Police Department’s Robbery-Homicide Division announced the arrest of Patrick Kevin Spurlock in a statement on Wednesday, Aug. 19.
Police said the killings happened in the early morning hours of July 24, when Spurlock and the three victims were gathered inside an apartment in the 1900 block of Wilcox Avenue in Los Angeles. An altercation occurred inside the apartment, after which the victims were ordered to the floor at gunpoint, according to police.
While the victims were lying on the ground, Spurlock allegedly shot them numerous times, police said.
On July 28 at approximately 11:30 p.m., officers assigned to Hollywood Division responded to the apartment for a welfare check, according to a July 31 LAPD statement.
Officers entered the apartment and found three adult men suffering from apparent gunshot wounds. Personnel from the Los Angeles Fire Department responded and pronounced all three victims dead at the scene, police said.
Police later identified the victims as Los Angeles residents Jeremiah Badeker, Jack Cartagena and Michael Bogacz.
Spurlock was arrested on Aug. 14 in the 6600 block of Franklin Avenue and booked at the LAPD’s Metropolitan Detention Center on suspicion of murder, according to police.
Spurlock previously ran for a congressional seat in Washington state, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Spurlock is being held at the Los Angeles County Inmate Reception Center and was denied bail. His next court appearance is scheduled for Aug. 31, according to county records.
Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE’s free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office charged Spurlock with three counts of murder, along with additional charges tied to the alleged use of a firearm and his prior criminal record, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The outlet also reported that Spurlock was previously convicted in Washington state after fatally shooting a man following an argument in 2003. He allegedly served 17 years in prison after entering a plea in the case and was released in 2022.
Police are asking anyone with information about the killings to come forward and contact the LAPD.
#Suspect #Arrested #Killing #Men #Shot #Dead #Los #Angeles #Apartment